Diversity & Inclusion
To help our society truly represent the communities we serve, we’ve introduced four diversity working groups.
These are made up of colleagues and members of one of the nine protected characteristics, including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We promise that, together, we will:
- Act as gatekeepers to all Society decisions related to Diversity & Inclusion
- Provide support, advice, assurance and governance to the Society’s commitments on diversity and inclusion for race, age, disability and gender
- Monitor and report on the agreed key areas of the Society’s performance in relation to diversity indicators
- Champion, promote, recognise and value our diverse colleagues and community
- Challenge any and every barrier to equal opportunities
- Make recommendations on policies and practices within the Society