The Board has delegated certain of its responsibilities to the Membership Strategy Committee. Members of the Committee are elected by and from the Society’s members – a fundamental principle of any co-operative enterprise.
The Committee is responsible for the strategic direction of membership and community support within the Society, so has a central role to play right at the heart of the Society.
Terms of reference for the Committee can be found here. Additional more formal detail on the Society's membership activities can be found in the Society’s annual Governance Report.
- The Membership Strategy Committee is made up of 10 elected members and 2 Board Members. Di Bateman, Head of Membership Engagement, is the Secretary for the Committee.
- The Committee plays a vital role in representing members from grass roots (the Committee works closely with the local member groups) right through to decisions made in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- The Committee works to develop forward thinking and interactive ideas on Membership Strategy including exciting methods of promoting membership benefits and developing member engagement opportunities.
Your Membership Strategy Committee Members:
- Pat Juby - Chair
- Clare Downs – Vice Chair
- Chas Townley
- Gary Hayes
- Gavin Bruce
- Graham Jackson
- Sheila Allen
- Wendy Willis
- Vicky Green
- Bernadette Connor (Board Representative)
- Barbara Rainford (Board Representative)