We offer funding of up to £2,000 to local organisations and community groups.
From food banks to animal welfare projects, we recognise that grassroots activity has the power to change lives. So we’re always interested in getting behind exciting initiatives.
Take a look below to find out who can apply and how, as well as some examples of groups we've funded...
Applications Are Now Closed!
Please Note: The Midcounties Co-operative Community Fund (grants of up to £2k) closed on Friday 4th February.
For any further enquiries, please contact CommunityTeam@midcounties.coop
What is happening with our funding opportunities in the coming months at Your Co-op?
We are very excited to be starting work on revamping our existing funding opportunities. While we will not be making radical changes, please be assured that we will continue to support our local communities with access to grant support. We do want to make changes to address the accessibility, diversity and inclusion of community-led projects. Therefore this will require the existing platform to be upgraded to support these changes and ways of working to help us do this.
With that in mind, we are pausing our two existing grant programmes from 14th March for new applications while we work on this.
We’re expecting our new grant-making programme to open around September 2022. So please keep an eye out for your member communications, store information or refer to this webpage to check in with any updates.
We know that changes in our grant-making calendar can cause challenges for local groups that may have been considering putting in a submission in the coming months so to help you look for alternative funders you may wish to visit the websites of other providers that we are happy to be able to sign-post you to. Click here to view a list of alternative funding opportunities.
Projects We've Funded
Every year we hand out funding to a wide range of applicants to ensure that they can continue to make a positive impact in their local communities. Here are just some of the recipients of our Community Fund in 2021:
Hollie Gazzard Trust, Cheltenham & Gloucester:
- Funding has been used to deliver 12 half-day Healthy Relationships workshops, educating around 360 students from schools & colleges across Gloucestershire
National Childbirth Trust, Leamington & Warwick:
- Funding donated was used to support parents by providing weekly parent walks delivered by volunteers, and online breastfeeding support from a qualified breastfeeding counsellor.
Safe Places Shropshire, Shropshire:
- This funding will be used to contribute promotional items and website development to continue the project's work of providing vulnerable individuals with a number of places that they know they can go to and immediately receive support and understanding about their issues.
Ludlow & District Riding for the Disabled, Wyre Forest:
- Funding has been used to pay for a riding subsidy for the less able and disadvantaged young people (i.e. under 18’s) for which horse riding, with all its immense benefits, both physically and psychologically, would be out of reach. The funding provided will allow them to participate.
RAW Workshop, Central Oxford:
- This funding will support the running costs of their specialist programme designed to offer training placements to young people to learn woodwork and carpentry skills.
Home-Start Stroud and Gloucester, Stroud:
- Funding has supported the provision of a free 10 week volunteer training course
Is the Community Fund not right for you?
Check out our other grants and funds below:
Democracy and equality are two of our core values. That’s why we’re always keen to get behind campaigns that are working to promote fairness and opportunity across our region. Whether you’re campaigning on anything from local NHS services to better public transport, our campaign fund could give you more vital exposure.
Local Community Grant
Every year, we provide a series of one-off local community grants worth up to £250. These can be for individual events or a little extra help for ongoing projects. If you’re trying to make a difference to your community, this could be the boost you need.
For any questions or further information about Co-operative Community Funding, please contact the Community Team by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org