Store Opening Hours:
Some of our stores are now back to normal opening hours. However, we would recommend you check opening times for your local Co-operative food store on our store finder: https://www.midcounties.coop/stores/
Some of our Post Offices are also currently operating reduced opening hours. Please visit https://www.midcounties.coop/stores/ for opening hours.
Priority Shopping for NHS Staff and Carers:
Monday to Friday from 9.30am – 10.30am, NHS staff and carers for the elderly and the vulnerable across all our stores can take advantage of a ‘Priority Shopping Hour’.
Our larger stores open from 9.30am – 10am on Sundays for browsing (checkouts are open from 10am).
Whilst we appreciate that we all have a need to shop at particular times, we would be grateful if you could help us preserve this period for NHS staff and carers to complete their shopping.
Home Delivery Service:
Supporting and protecting the most vulnerable in our community is something which continues to be incredibly important to us. Following the governmental guidelines it is vital that the most vulnerable stay home to protect themselves. We are now providing a delivery service for those who are most in need. Contact the Midcounties Membership Team on 0800 435902 of find the contact details for your nearest store on https://www.midcounties.coop/stores/.
Following the government's advice on social distancing, to keep our customers and colleagues safe, we have introduced a number of so social distancing measures across our food stores:
- We have posters and point of sale material on display in all of our stores to provide our customers and colleagues with guidance on social distancing while shopping
- We have floor stickers displayed 2 metres apart to encourage customers to keep their distance in checkout queues and to maintain a safe distance from our colleagues at till points and other shoppers.
- We have floor stickers throughout our stores to encourage 2 metre social distancing measures as well as directional arrows to direct the flow of shopping in stores.
- In some stores, at busy times we are limiting the number of customers allowed in store at any one time, operating a one in, one out policy.
- We have installed protective safety screens at till points and checkouts in all our food stores.
- We have installed sanitiser units in all our stores for customers to use.
We are encouraging the use of contactless card payment (£45 Limit) methods wherever possible. We continue to accept Apple Pay and Google Pay as a method of payment.
- To setup Apple Pay on your mobile visit: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204506
- To setup Google Pay on your mobile visit: https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7625055?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
We have also closed our instore Cafes and eateries to support social distancing measures.
- To protect our colleagues, we have provided all our colleagues with; face masks, gloves, hand sanitiser and high viz jackets. Colleagues in customer facing roles have also been provided with visors.
Our supply chain team are working hard to ensure our shops remain stocked.
We have increased the number of local suppliers we are working with to supply our stores at this time.