Sweet Potato Rosti Florentine
Serves 2 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 large Best of Our Counties Willowbrook or Co-op eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- A splash of white wine vinegar
- 125g Best of Our Counties Mudwalls or Co-op spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Co-op cranberry sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7. Place the sweet potato in the centre of a clean tea towel, twist and then squeeze to remove as much moisture from the grated potato as possible.
2. Place potato in a bowl and mix with the chives, egg yolk and olive oil. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and shape into patties. Bake on an oiled baking tray for 20 – 25 mins.
3. Meanwhile, crack each of the two whole eggs into a ramekin. Bring a large, deep pan of water to the boil, add a splash of vinegar and reduce to a simmer.
4. Tip each egg into the water and poach for 3 – 4 mins, stirring gently occasionally to keep eggs separate. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen towel to drain.
5. Steam the spinach in a saucepan with a splash of water for 2 – 3 mins, until wilted (put the lid on the pan while cooking).
6. Drain and gently squeeze to remove any excess moisture. Arrange spinach on the rostis and top each with a poached egg.
7. Serve with a grind of black pepper, a dollop of cranberry sauce and a sprinkling of chives.