Published 11 Jul 2017
Serves 8 Prep 15 mins Cook Varies depending on size of bird
- 3.5 – 4kg Best of Our Counties Adlington or Co-op Turkey
- Fresh herbs – large handful each of sage, rosemary and thyme
- 200g Co-operative unsmoked streaky bacon
1. Take the turkey out of the fridge an hour before cooking and remove the giblets if necessary. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°fan/Gas 6.
2. Place a large piece of foil in a roasting tin lengthways and another widthways, and sit the turkey in the tin. Top with the herbs and lay the bacon over. Pour 200ml water around the turkey and wrap the foil around it to make a parcel.
3. Roast the turkey according to the instruction times on the packaging, basting every hour during cooking.
4. Uncover 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time to brown the skin of the turkey.