Denyce’s Christmas Pavlova
Serves 8 Prep 30 mins Cook 2 hours Vegetarian
- 5 medium Best of Our Counties Willowbrook or Co-op egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 250g Co-op low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 orange, finely grated zest and 1 tbsp juice
- 1 drop Barts almond extract
- Pinch cinnamon
- 200g Best of Our Counties Mudwalls or Co-op Raspberries
- 50g Best of Our Counties Oxford Wholefoods or Co-op almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1 square of dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C/100°C fan/Gas ½. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a glass bowl to form soft peaks. Add the sugar a teaspoon at a time and whisk until you have stiff peaks and the meringue mixture is glossy.
3. Place 8 large spoons of meringue in a circle on the tray to form a ring. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn down the heat to 110°C/90°C fan/Gas ¼, and bake for another 1½ hours.
4. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar until meringues are cold.
5. Before serving, mix together the yoghurt, orange zest and juice, almond extract and cinnamon. Spoon over the meringue, then scatter the raspberries and almonds over the top. Grate the chocolate over – or drizzle with honey – and serve.