Serves 8 Prep and cook 50 mins Setting time 4 hours
For the base
- 90g Co-op butter
- 250g Co-op digestive biscuits
For the caramel filling
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 150g Co-op butter
- 397g can of condensed milk
For the topping
- 100g Co-op Fairtrade dark chocolate
- 2 Fairtrade bananas, sliced and tossed in 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150mls Co-op double cream
1. Crush the biscuits. Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until combined. Tip the mixture into a loose-bottomed tart tin (23cm diameter), its base lined with a circle of baking parchment. Press the mixture firmly over the base and up the side of the tin. Leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Melt the soft brown sugar and butter over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring all the time. Stir in the condensed milk, bring to the boil, then take off the heat. Pour the mixture into the biscuit base and leave in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
3. Melt the chocolate and pour onto a dry surface. When set, hold a knife at 45 degrees away from you and scrape it into curls.
4. Top the tart with the sliced bananas, lightly whipped double cream and the chocolate curls.