Over £5,000 has been distributed to local good causes in Banbury
Over £5,000 has been distributed to local good causes in Banbury, including supporting people with Mental Health issues through Restore.
Our colleagues contributed over 245 volunteering hours in Banbury in 2016.
Working with The Warriner School to help develop over 1000 young people.
Working with Age UK in Banbury to help support their phone contact system.
Our local charity partner in this area is Katharine House Hospice.
Find Out More
Katherine House Hospice provides specialist palliative care for adults with life limiting conditions across North Oxfordshire, South Northamptonshire & South Warwickshire. They also offer respite care and support for symptom management and pain relief and through their professionals emotional and spiritual support. Care is offered throughout the local community and whilst many of their patients come in to the hospice, they care for many more in their own homes, care homes or in the hospital.
Local Opportunity Partners
Age UK Banbury offer a whole range of support services, day centres, clubs, groups and activities for older people and carers. They can be found at Cornhill Centre, Castle Street, Banbury OX16 5NT..
Restore is a mental health charity that supports people to take control of their recovery, develop skills and lead meaningful lives. They offer recovery groups, training and employment coaching to make this possible. They can be found at 28 Calthorpe Street, Banbury OX16 5EX.
Groups and Schools
The Warriner School - Bloxham
Banbury Food Bank
Banburyshire Citizen Project
Kings Sutton Primary SChool
Safe Places Scheme
Volunteering and Fundraising
We have attended/put on a number of events so far this year, these include:-
- Conducting a membership voting event, whereby members were asked to vote on which local charity they thought the proceeds from our carrier bag money should go to, this event allowed us to interact with 2,229 members in total.
- We helped at a networking and community information event run by the 'Banburyshire Citizen Project', liaising with the charities present and the local people.
- Colleagues from Bloxham, Ruscote and Middleton Cheney all went down to the local Food Bank warehouse to help them relocate to a new warehouse. Each of the 9 food stores in the Banbury area have a food bank dumpbin where regular donations are made by customers and colleagues alike.
- We provided colleagues that helped at the 'Scarecrow Festival' in Kings Sutton to raise money for the local pre-school. They are raising money to go towards a new building for the children. They managed to raise £3,600 on the day, with our help.
- We became part of the Safe Places Scheme, which is a project to give vulnerable people somewhere to go for help if they are lost or feel threatened. We are also championing this initiative and trying to encourage other businesses to become part of this scheme as well.
- Various stores have held cake/bake sales in order to raise money for our charity partner, cumulatively raising over £1,000.
- One store held a care wash day in their car park, washing over 20 cars and raising over £300 for Katharine House Hospice.
Download the year-end impact report.