In October 2013 the Society’s members adopted a Statement on Political Engagement, showing the Society’s willingness to engage with any organisation that shares its objectives and beliefs. To help bring the commitments in the Statement to life, the Society set up a Campaigns Fund, intended to support campaigning activity (primarily within the Society’s core trading area) that promotes the aims of co-operation in the political arena, and supports the objectives and priorities of the Society. If you think the Campaigns Fund might help you meet some of your organisation’s funding needs, please feel free to apply, or if you prefer you can contact us to discuss further.
The Campaigns Fund activity is now open and will remain open until Friday 7th September.
If you would like to read more about the Campaigns Fund, you can find some general information by clicking here
How the Midcounties has helped organisations so far…
- To kick start various Centenary of the Co-operative Party Legacy events taking place across the region
- To maintain co-operative political activity in the Midcounties core trading area
- To create local awareness of the Oxford to Cambridge expressway and engaging public to support
- Support candidates in elections for local authorities through meetings and other events
- Campaign to challenge the government’s criterial to allocate Universal Credit
To apply – click here
If you have any other questions about the Campaigns Fund, please contact the Secretariat Group by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or by telephone: 01926 516 007 or 01926 516 385.