Co-operative Community Funding
We support our communities through the provision of grant funding. We do this in two ways.
If you need help from us by way of a raffle prize, you can pop into your local Midcounties store and ask the manager for a Community Cheque (subject to availability). This can then be used to buy chocolates or wine for your raffle or tombola to help you with your fundraising – good luck with it!
If you are part of a community group or organisation, you could apply to us for funding. You must be a member of The Midcounties Co-operative and your group must be working in a community where there is a Midcounties store. You can apply for a grant from us of up to £2,000.
As a co-operative business we are working with ten of the UK’s Community Foundations and welcome their support and local knowledge in helping us to fund even the smallest grass roots projects.
From the criteria to the judging of applications, which is done by members of our Membership Strategy Committee, we make all of the decisions about which groups should receive funding.
Round 6 – key dates:
- Fund opens for applications – 6th January 2014
- Fund closes - 7th February 2014
- Panel meeting (to judge applications) – 11th April 2014
It’s very easy to apply to our fund but we don’t want you to waste your time applying if you don’t qualify so please make sure that you:
- Click here to read our funding criteria and make sure you meet it
- If you meet the fund criteria you can download the application form below or contact the community team to request a copy by post (details of how you can get in touch are below)
Good luck with your application.
Download the application form here
Click here to visit our YouTube page and meet some of the groups we have funded.